Sunday, June 16, 2013

Spangdahlem Air Force Base

Wednesday afternoon I drove to Spangdahlem AFB, this is a lovely base, about two hours north of Kaiserslautern.  The lodging is great at Spangdahlem, when I arrived I spent the first couple of hours doing my laundry.  Which was wonderful because it saved me from having to go to the laundromat at home! Thursday at morning was full of individual appointments, and a a great TAP class in the afternoon.  When the class was over and I was getting ready to heard home, I stopped by Popeye's to get an ice tea, when I cam e out a couple of airmen were discussing that it looked like tornado clouds outside.  Fortunately, I had already asked my friends Elke and Marcus if they had tornados in Germany and they had told me that they do not, so thank God that is one less thing to worry about while I am here!

Friday was a really slow day at Ramstein because the base was having Family Day, so most of the offices were closed and the service members had a day off.  At Kleber, our Army office, they were having a training holiday, so not much going on there either!  This gave Ann and I an opportunity to catch up on paperwork and reports.  We have been working on our travel authority which is having to be completed through the computer on FedTraveler.  This is a change from my last tow OMSC tours, and trust me it is a pain!  It was so much easier to prepare the travel vouchers and expense reports by hand!  But, we are getting better every time the travel authority gets returned for us to do something else!  Maybe by the last travel authority and expense report that we complete, we will know what we are doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment