Sunday, June 9, 2013

My new German friends



I can't say that is has been all work and no play!  There is a nice little restaurant a couple of blocks from my apartment.  I walked down there Wednesday for dinner.  They had a pizza special, so that is what I got, and it was delicious!

The Zur Feiermaus (pronounced fire mouse) is just down from my apartment, it is directly across the street from the Feuer Haus (fire house).  It is a volunteer fire department where I live in Seigelbach, which is a village in Kaiserslautern.

On the other corner from Zur Feiermaus there is a wonderful Backerei (bakery).  The have Laugenbrotchen - Kasewhich is a wonderful pretzel roll with cheese melted on top!

It was at Zur Feiermaus that I met my new German friends, Marcus and Elka Zeigler.  The live just down the street from Zur Feiermaus in the other direction.  They introduced me to Cola-Bier, which is beer and coke and believe it or not, it is REALLY good!  I know it sounds crazy, but it is on all the menus in Germany, I didn't make it up!  It makes the beer tolerable they don't serve Michelob Ultra with lime and salt anywhere in Germany!  Except possibly here on base.

No comments:

Post a Comment