Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hauenstein - The Shoe Village of Germany

I had a card for a Josef Seibel Outlet Store, so I decided to check it out.  You know me, I love a bargain.  Lucky for my wallet I am not addicted to shoe shopping as I have heard many ladies talk about!  Hauenstein turned out to be an entire street of shoe stores and some athletic apparel stores.  It really does seem to be  be the shoe capitol of Germany.  

They have a pool and water park facility, and it appears according to the pictures on the signs that there is possibly a creek or small river that runs through the village.  There were signed that had writing (which of course I didn't understand) but they also had a picture of people in a canoe.

At the water park area they had a large banner hanging on the building with something about shoe workers.  I don't really know what it said, but based on the other signs I recognized shoe workers!


After I looked in all the stores, I decided to drive through the village.  It is a really awesome place, there are mountains and rock formations all around the village.  And like all the wonderful places in Germany it is very clean!



I saw this house and it was really pretty with nice door hanging decorations and the
 Sponge Bob utility box in front really set it off!



This statue of shoe makers was in the village center.



 This is the church in the Village.



This grotto was built into the side of a mountain,  it was pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment