Thursday, August 29, 2013

The reality of my mission......

Please keep our service members in your prayers.  Week before last I was at Vilseck for a briefing on Tuesday, there was a lot of activity in the building because they were having a  SRP, which is a Soldier Readiness Processing, which to someone who hasn't been in the military, I know what it means, but I don't think you can get the true meaning by just hearing and seeing that a SRP is going on.  

Wednesday morning I arrived at the same building for my briefing and it really hit me what a SRP means, the hallway and entire area was filled with soldiers, (young men and women - most younger than my own children) in full uniform with their ruck sack and backpacks full.  There were at least eight buses there to pick them up and take them to the passenger terminal at Ramstein to board a plane to Afghanistan.  Seeing all this brave young men and women makes it all so real.  I pray that God watches over each one of them and so that they return safely.  Please keep all of those who are serving or have served our country in your prayers!  

It is times like these I am reminded that I have the best job in the world, being able to serve those that are willing to give it all for the freedoms we have today!  When you have the chance, smile and tell a veteran or active duty service member thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment